We all see dreams. Don’t we? No, I am not talking about the one you see as being awake, like the dreams you have of becoming a doctor, an engineer or a writer and so on. I am here talking about the dreams you see while asleep, those which transfer your mind, body and soul into another realm of fantasy, sometimes truthful enough as if you are truly experiencing them. And when you are awake you feel the essence of those dreams so strong that sometimes they stay with you for days, months or even long. Thus my dear fellow writers I am sure you must have guessed by now. Yes, this month’s theme is to write a short story, poem or any piece of article that interprets about dreams and you can directly submit it to Kalaage or can email your proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Plethora Submission” in the subject line.
You can be expressive of any of your true dreaming experience or create one. And if you wish you can share the story behind your write up, I would be much interested to read and publish them as well but keep it short. You are allowed to create a whimsical, folklore; fantasy based imaginative story or a poem about dreams. Length is as much you desire in poems but for stories keep it within 10, 000 word limit. Before submitting kindly go through the following guidelines.
- You can send one poem of any length.
- Likewise you can choose to send a short story on the theme given above keeping it within 10, 000 maximum word limit. However minimum word limit should be 3000 words not less than that.
- For articles you can send some research work about the same, if anything that truly fascinates your mind, but the work should be your own and if you are using any information source for your piece then do mention the link and name of the book or the author.
- Use Times New Roman with standard font size point 12, and do make sure that your work is proofread, typographical error free and your original piece.
- Previously published work is acceptable but you should be the sole owner of it.
- Only one poem, a short story or an article will be entertained per household, which means you can choose either to send any one of the above.
- Submission ends on 30th December 2017 (IST).
I hope you find the topic enthralling and inspiring, and it will make you hold the pen or your laptops and let those creative vibes flow out of them, as much I am willing to read your work.
Once again Happy Writing!